Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane. The disciples go with Jesus to Gethsemane. The Garden of Gethsemane is a place of great agony for Jesus Christ. Even though the disciples were present, Jesus had to bear the weight and agony. Ultimately, no one would be able to do it for Him.
Why did Jesus have great heaviness or sorrow?
1. He was in a battle with the powers of darkness.
2. He was bearing the iniquities of the world upon Him.
3. He knew what He would soon endure.
You would think that, when Jesus was in His deepest sorrows and pain, that there would be someone who would not leave Him. Someone who would not sleep. Someone who would not grow weary. He would stay and pray with Jesus in His great need. But Jesus… was alone.
Sometimes we can feel alone in this life.
1. Being alone is not always bad, wrong, or a negative. Luke 19:18
a. Jesus often prayed alone.
b. Jesus fasted alone.
c. We actually need to learn to stand alone.
2. Being alone can cause me to turn from this world to God.
a. Jonah in the belly of the whale.
b. God got Jonah alone with Him.
3. I’ve found some who are alone and have decisions that have brought them to this place.
a. Judas was alone and ended up taking his own life.
b. Alone can be bad, but it doesn’t have to be.
Love your family.
Love one another.
Have care and concern.
Truly be who Christ has called you to be.
Be ye kind one to another.