We all know that we are to minister to people in need. We are to be a help to our brothers and sisters in Christ. However, there are times when we need to be ministered to as well.
Read Matthew 4: 1-11 as a reference.
You need to be who God called you to be in order to do what God has called you to do. If Jesus, the Son of God in the flesh, needed angels to minister to Him, wouldn’t I also need help from God to continue to minister and serve as I should?
Often, the above are the result of neglecting our own life and being built up. We need to be ministered to as we should.
Pay attention to the following:
1. Jesus was following the Spirit of God. (In God’s will)
2. Tempted by the devil to do wrong. (Break the 10 Commandments)
3. Jesus used the Bible as a tool to defeat Satan.
4. Angels come to where Jesus was after the temptations.
You, in your Christian life, may be in a spiritual battle. If not, the day will come. You will need to be ministered to during this battle, after this battle and because of this battle.
1. The Bible needs to minister to us. (Ps. 1:2, Eph. 6:17, I Peter 2:2)
2. Prayer ministers to us. (Ps. 55:7, Daniel 6:10, I Thessalonians 5:17)
3. Preaching ministers to us.
a. Jesus ministered to others in preaching more than any other way.
b. Jesus preached to others.
c. He preached to multitudes.
4. People minister to us by serving.
5. Time alone or with family for a brief time.
We are not strong enough to go without being ministered to.
You need it.
I need it.
Let us all take advantage of the times we are ministered to by others and God.